Saturday 1 December 2012

Midnight Escapade

It was a blessed November night when my dream that I cherished from childhood, came true.
Never got a chance in all these years to witness the City of Dreams- Bombay in the wake of the glistening night.
Blame it on the protective mentality of my parents.


But that night we did sneak out. Early winter made it all the more fun. As we drove faster than the wind, the street lights went past me in a wiry haze. They looked like lines scribbled  by a kid with a magical neon crayon.

Our First Stop! The over-hyped Starbucks!
But I realized soon it wasn't over-hyped because for some reason I felt like million dollars.
The ambiance was earthy but very pleasant. I always had a thing for such eccentricity. They don't call me a true Aquarian for no reason.  

The cold coffee was a perfect blend of BitterSweet and I rated it high on my scale.




We were lucky to be out at this hour and not eating at 'Bademiyaan' would have been like a crime. 

We hogged on Juicy and spicy chicken savories. 
When we looked at other gangs who were out there on their mini-adventure, I felt an instant connection.
Something like the 'Brotherhood of night-out-in-Bombay'. Yes you are allowed to call me crazy.





Next Stop or Destination, I don't know what to call it.

The most magnificent sight of Bombay... Marine Drive... Sea stretched as far as your eyes could see, bordered with the shimmering golden lights. The beauty of this dazzling spectacle blinded me.
And the irony is the image of this brilliance is carved in my mind and will stay there forever.





A cup of tea and few drags soothed my over-ambitious soul. Later we toddled on the promenade, walking towards the extreme, gazing 90 degrees above us. I was amazed to see a never before seen Bombay Sky twinkling with million stars. How I wish I could lie down and gaze up till the dawn! 







Had to say goodbye. The night had got dangerously late.  Sneaking out had taken the adrenaline rush to next level. On our way back we covered as much Bombay as we could as if on a pilgrimage.  

Bandra-Worli Sea Link was another scintillating experience.

When we reached home, I had ticked-off one thing from my WishList and I knew it was worth putting this on it!


**Only regret was not having a better camera. But the images are clearly captured in my mind.   

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Wow just Wow, I just got back from Mumbai and I read this :) Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful co-incidence!
    Hope you too experienced something like this then.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved d post!:) Mumbai so aptly defined by its nightlife...very well written with every tiny detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Shreya.
    I still can remember every tiny detail of that experience. :)

    ReplyDelete